While living indoors through the pandemic I’ve written down changes I want to make after I return to going outdoors every day.
I recommend reading the book Atomic Habits by James Clear.
In the book the author outlines simple steps to execute to adopt healthy habits and make them stick.
Today I’ve adopted these tactics to power through this extraordinary time:
- Eat as healthfully as possible every day.
- Exercise at home 2x per week as often as possible.
- Go outdoors only 2x per week to reduce the risk of getting infected.
- Write down on sheets in a weekly To-Do’s pad the food I eat for lunch and dinner every day.
- Place tomorrow’s outfit on the other side of the bed to make it quick and easy to dress in day clothes in the morning.
- Typed up and taped to an index card the weekly routine I’m going to establish once I’m outdoors every day again.
- Telephone my mother often to talk to her.
- Talk to a friend on the telephone.
- Keep a journal in a 3-subject college-ruled spiral-bound notebook.
- Read books and magazines.
Perhaps these habits will empower you to create your own routine while living through this pandemic and following through after the shutdown ends.